Zirka
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The offical forums of the armagetron team zirka

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zirka Capture The Flag

Go down 
+5
Gro
zaT
Pre
Spe
Tru
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tru
Admin
Tru

Zirka Capture The Flag Empty
PostSubject: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 pm

any discussions about server is here.
atm I am messing with authentication and try make all Zirka has access level: Zirka
say me your global ids here
Back to top Go down
http://linblog.lv-vl.net
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 11:29 am

what u mean login details for armgetronad.net? mine is just Spe

Last edited by Spe on Mon May 31, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited :D)
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 12:40 pm

I mean loginname@forums or loginname@ct/public or loginname@pru/friends etc
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 pm

yeh im Spe@forums afro

Last edited by Spe on Mon May 31, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Its Case senstive xD)
Back to top Go down
Pre

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 2:03 pm

hm since im admin, i guess i dont need that but just to clarify:
Pre@forums

(Lies@ct/public and Pre@pru/friends are also mine, but i usually use Pre@forums.)
Back to top Go down
http://ets-network.de/
zaT
Admin
zaT

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 4:16 pm

mine is zat@forums or zat@pru
but i use more @forums
Back to top Go down
https://zirka.forum.st
Gro

Gro

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:48 am

I dont remember but i believe it's Gro@forums
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I guess you dont login at servers if you dont remember?
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:51 pm

i doooo yeh mine is either Spe@forums or Zio@ct/public but i use Spe more
Back to top Go down
compguygene

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Please do not take offence here. But, if you want to train properly for CTF, you have to setup the respawning the right way. Right now, I think you use RESPAWN_TIME. You should be using BASE_ENEMY_RESPAWN,etc... that way you respawn by your base.
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes thank you Very Happy tru already knows, he sets up instant respawn etc. for training
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 pm

when we have training I change RESPAWN_TIME but what do you want to change for training else?
BASE_ENEMY_RESPAWN which is setted to 1 I dont change because I have not had to yet.
this ctf server (I believe) has everything for normal ctf game.

P.S. when I am alone there I ofter play with rubber 1 in defence. So difficult but can quicklier improve defence skills
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Oh btw when setting up a server how do you change settings so you can double nind i.e not sumo settings?
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 pm

what did you say?
Back to top Go down
compguygene

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 pm

I understand that you are using RESPAWN_TIME for training. However, because of how the respawn works, you are actually not training in the best way possible. I have seen many teams that use RESPAWN_TIME for training get killed by CTF teams that only play true CTF. What is happening is this. When you respawn using RESPAWN_TIME, you cannot use the same tactics and moves to win! So, you when you are training with RESPAWN_TIME, you are actually training for a different game!
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Yes now I understand what do you mean.
really we have actually 3 defenders in our team and when we meet each other (often only 2 of us) we just training def of everybody using quick respawn only for one object: not to wait for a long time to reach 'enemy' defence.
Back to top Go down
compguygene

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 am

I can now show you why I am right!

If you setup a proper launcher, you can cross the field, depending on your skill in 1.5-2.75 seconds! Somehow i don't think you are doing that. If you aren't, then you are showing me another reason to not use RESPAWN_TIME! If you don't believe me, when you test me, I will show you a few basic CTFS techniques to build speed very quickly!

Bye the way, some of the best CTFS players are also great CTF players, because you cannot own in CTFS without being able to own in CTF!
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 am

I disagree with that last bit, CTFS takes no skill at all, you just click the brake button for attaking until you blow the defence away, you don't even have to go near them! But yes we do need to practise building more speed at the beggining, maybe do a slingshot?
Back to top Go down
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 am

Spe wrote:
I disagree with that last bit, CTFS takes no skill at all, you just click the brake button for attaking until you blow the defence away, you don't even have to go near them! But yes we do need to practise building more speed at the beggining, maybe do a slingshot?

Do you imply that accurate shot is not a skill?
Back to top Go down
Spe

Spe

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm

it doesnt have to be accurate, hold down brake and it will cover the whole dam defence >.<
Back to top Go down
compguygene

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Spe wrote:
it doesnt have to be accurate, hold down brake and it will cover the whole dam defence >.<

come play with me in Wild West CTFS some time. Defence there is very different than ctf...
Great shooters can shoot you, but it takes ctf skills. Also, to win in shooting you MUST maintain a very high speed.
Back to top Go down
mAdMoNkEy

mAdMoNkEy

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:52 pm

ugh i hate ctfs lol.

Btw mines mAdMoNkEy@Forums
Back to top Go down
ShanksTheRed

ShanksTheRed

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 am

ShanksTheRed@forums
Back to top Go down
JSM#9

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 am

Spe wrote:
Ok, I'm with compguygene on this one. CTFS DOES take skill. Not only is it about Aiming your shot. it's also about Dodging. I was born in CTFS. (meaning i started in CTFS when i was noob). I've had a lot of experience in CTFS.
Please do me a favor Mad and Spe. Play nothing but CTFS for a day. See how long you last on the field before you get shot. A lot of the NBK noobs are better than they used to be lol. Me and Compguygene have played CTFS for about 2-3 years or more.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Don't insult CTFS >Sad
I also recommend playing Wild West Fortress Shootout. If you like sumo/fortress. It's a twist with shooting as well.

JSM@forums
Back to top Go down
http://rdclan.co.cc
Tru
Admin
Tru

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 am

ye I prefer keep def in ctfs and know how sometimes it can be difficult... most skill there ftw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zirka Capture The Flag   Zirka Capture The Flag Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Zirka Capture The Flag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next